A limited number of "Admission Scholarship" will be awarded to newly admitted students with exceptional academic standing. The awardee will have half of the tuition fee waived.
Top two students of MSc Programme in Electronic Engineering in a year graduated with an accumulated GPA of 3.5 or above will be awarded Academic Scholarships of HK$20,000 and HK$15,000 respectively.
Students with a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering and Computer Engineering may be admitted to this Programme. Students with a first degree in other fields such as Physics and Mechanical Engineering may also be considered provided that they have some experience and background in electronic engineering. The entrance requirements of the graduate school must also be satisfied.
The entrance requirements of the graduate school:
- Graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- Graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B" in undergraduate courses; or
- Completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
We also welcome non-local applicants. All admitted non-local students must obtain a student visa or entry permit for entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education.
Notes on English Proficiency:
All students should fulfil the English Language Proficiency Requirement prescribed below before they are admitted:
- possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
- Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level);
- Hong Kong Higher Level Examination;
- CUHK Matriculation Examination;
- General Certificate of Education A-Level / AS-Level (1);
- achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination (1);
- have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country;
- achieve the specified scores in the following tests by submitting one of the following original score reports/certificates for assessment by the programme(s) concerned:
- TOEFL (Paper-based: 550; Computer-based: 213; Internet-based: 79) (2);
- IELTS (Academic: Band 6.5) (3);
- GMAT (verbal: Band 21);
- have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.
- Certified true copy of the score reports/certificates are required. The certified true copy must be issued by the official organization or relevant test organization. The University may require applicants to provide the original documents for verification.
- TOEFL results are considered valid for two years from the test date. Only original valid official TOEFL score reports sent directly by the test organization to the University will be accepted. Original examinee’s score reports will not be accepted. The University’s institution code is 0812. Please be reminded that some test organizations do not accept applications for score reports after a specified validity period.
- IELTS results are considered valid for two years from the test date. Only original official IELTS score reports sent directly by the test organization to the University will be accepted. Please use the contact information of the Graduate Division(s) concerned to complete Question 22 of the IELTS Application Form. Please be reminded that some test organizations do not accept applications for score reports after a specified validity period.
(Reference : https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/page/EntryRequirements).
Tuition Fee (provisional): HK$132,000 for the whole programme (including 8 courses)
HK$5,500 per unit
Full-time mode: paid by 2 installments (12 units per installment)
Part-time mode: 6 units (1st installment). Future installments will be paid in terms of the number of courses taken by the student.
Successful applicants who accept an offer from the program are required to pay a non-refundable deposit (1st installment of tuition fee) to confirm their acceptance of admission offer within 2-3 weeks after the official offer letter is released.
Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis, the majority of offers will be made in early rounds. The number of places is limited, interested applicants should consider early submission of their applications.
Full-time mode admission: September
Part-time mode admission: September & January (provisional)
1st round admission: 12 December 2016
2nd round admission: 16 January 2017
3rd round admission: 20 February 2017
4th round admission: 18 April 2017
Final round admission: 22 May 2017 (Non-local Applicant), 26 June 2017 (Local Applicant)
*Please refer to this webpage (http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/m_admission.php) for the latest application deadline.
To apply through Internet, please visit the Graduate School's website :
Submission of Supporting Documents
- Complete online application
- Application fee of HK$300
- One photocopy of your HKID card or other identity document as given in the Application Form
- Original copy of official transcripts
- Original copy of official grading scheme issued by the University (if it is not listed on your transcript)
- Original copy of official English Tests score report (TOEFL/IELTS/GMAT)
- Two confidential recommendations
Applicants are required to send in the hardcopy of supporting documents to the Division by the application deadline. Otherwise, the applications may not be further processed. All documents submitted will not be returned and will be destroyed if the application is unsuccessful.
Postal Address for Submitting application materials:
Division of Electronic Engineering
Room 404, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR,
** Please always quote the Application No. in the future correspondences.
Applicants may login the Application for Admission to Postgraduate Programmes and check your application results in the section of "View Application Result". (link: https://www.gradsch.cuhk.edu.hk/OnlineApp/login.aspx)
An official admission offer letter must be issued only by the department or the graduate school. Applicants who do not receive notification by early September can assume their applications have been unsuccessful. No written notification will be sent to unsuccessful applicants.
|Address :||Department of Electronic Engineering
Room 404, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
|Tel :||(852) 3943 8249 or (852) 3943 8274|
|Fax :||(852) 2603 5558|
|Office Hours :||Monday to Thursday 8:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday 8:45 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.