- A student must take and pass 8 courses in this programme with a GPA of 2.0 or above to graduate.
- A student will be discontinued from study if the student has a GPA below 1.0 or fails to have probation lifted after being put on academic probation for two consecutive terms of attendance (probation threshold . below 2.0).
- The length of study is usually 1 academic year in full-time mode and 2 academic years in part-time mode. Each year has 2 terms.
- Each course usually consists of 36 lecture hours and 6 hours of tutorials/hand-on training over a period of 14 weeks.
- Subject to the approval of the Programme Directors concerned, students can take at most two courses from other M.Sc. Programmes within the Faculty of Engineering.
- Full-time mode students are allowed to take other day time postgraduate courses offered by the Department of Electronic Engineering.
- Students may apply for course and unit exemption for a maximum of 2 courses (6 units) subject to the approval of the Programme Director and the Dean of the Graduate School on a case-by-case basis, taking into account individual circumstances.
Award of Degree
Graduates will receive a Master of Science Degree in Electronic Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong if satisfy the credit unit and GPA requirement.