We are pleased to announce that Huawei Hong Kong Research Center will kindly donate a sum of money to the Department to set up “Huawei Prizes for Outstanding FYPs on IC Design and Design Automation” for three academic years starting from 2022/23.
Key points of the regulations governing the award of the prizes are extracted below.
- Each year, there will be up to six awards in tiers: one award of Prime Excellence, two awards of Excellence, and three awards of Merit.
- The amounts of the prizes will be:
- $55,000 for each award of Prime Excellence;
- $25,000 for each award of Excellence; and
- $15,000 for each award of Merit.
- The prizes will be awarded to final-year full-time undergraduate students of the Department of Electronic Engineering based on their performance in their final year projects, which should be related to integrated circuits design and design automation.
- The prizes are open to local and non-local students.
If you are interested in competing for the prizes, you are encouraged to contact your supervisor to make your project related to IC design or design automation.