BSc, MPhil, PhD (CUHK)
|+852 3943 8267
|Rm324, Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building,
The Chinese Univerisity of Hong Kong,
Shatin, Hong Kong
Resume of Career
Tan Lee received his BSc and MPhil degrees in Electronics,
and PhD degree in Electronic Engineering, all from the Chinese
University of Hong Kong (CUHK), in 1988, 1990 and 1996
respectively. He is currently an Associate Professor in the
Department of Electronic Engineering at CUHK, and the Director
of the DSP and Speech Technology Laboratory. During 2011-2014, he was
the Associate Dean of
Engineering, responsible for various student-related and
non-formal education matters.
Tan Lee has been working on speech and language related
research since early 90s. He was a post-doctoral researcher at
the Department of Speech, Music and Hearing, Royal Institute
of Technology (KTH), Sweden, in 1997-1998. In 2001, he was a
visiting researcher at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray
Hill, USA. In recent years, Tan Lee has been collaborating
closely with medical doctors, and speech and hearing
professionals, to apply advanced signal processing methods in
dealing with human communication disorder problems. He is the
Director of the newly established Language and Communication
Disorders Research Laboratory at CUHK Shenzhen Research
Tan Lee is a member of IEEE and a member of the International
Speech Communication Association (ISCA). He is an Associate
Editor of the EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal
Processing. In 2005-2006, Tan Lee served as the Chairman of
the IEEE Hong Kong Chapter of Signal Processing. He was the
Technical Program Chair of ICSPCC 2012, the Conference Chair
of Oriental COCOSDA 2012, and the Finance Chair of the ISCSLP
Honors and Awards
- Co-inventing ACEHearingTM, the winner of the Bronze Award in Asian Innovation Awards 2011.
- CUHK Vice-Chancellor's Exemplary Teaching Award in 2004.
- CUHK Faculty of Engineering's Exemplary Teaching Awards for 9 years during 2001-2009.
- Best student paper in ICASSP 2005 (as co-author).
- Associate Editor, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.
- Conference Chair, Oriental COCOSDA 2012.
- Finance Chair, The 8th International Symposium on Chinese Spoken Language Processing.
- Technical Program Co-Chair, Oriental COCOSDA 2011.
- Working Group Chair, Special Interest Group on Chinese Spoken Language Processing, ISCA
- Session Chair, INTERSPEECH 2010.