Resume of Career
Keyou YAN received the Ph.D. in 2013 from Nano Science and Technology Progam in The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). After postdoc research in HKUST, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), he joined the Department of Electronic Engineering as faculty in CUHK in July 2016.
He worked on low-cost photovoltaic technology using nanostructure and hybrid material in the past years. Prof Yan has multidisciplinary background in material physics and chemistry, material simulation and calculation, as well as nano science and technology and makes great efforts on high performance photovoltaics in low-cost. He is a member of ACS. Prof Yan has published 50+ refereed journal papers and had total citationsof ~3000 (H index:26), including 15 first-authored/corresponding papers, in Nature Communications, Jounral of the American Socienty, Advanced Functional Materials et al. There are 3 papers IF>20 and 7 highly-cited papers. Papers are cited by or reviewed by Nature Photonics, Chemical Reviews, Journal of the American Chemical Socienty, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, and so on.
Current Research Interests
Perovskite solar cells and Optoelectronic devices.
Highlights of Recent Research Achievements
Development of quantum structure solar cell.
Development of hybrid perovskite solar cell.
Honors and Awards
Natural Science Award of the Ministry of Education(Second Class)
- Long, M.; Zhang, T.; Zhu, H.; Li, G.; Wang, F.; Guo, W.; Chai, Y.; Chen, W.; Li, Q.; Wong, K. S.; Xu, J.; Yan, K. Y.*: Textured CH3NH3PbI3 thin film with enhanced stability for high performance perovskite solar cells. Nano Energy 2017, 33, 485-496.
- Long, M.; Zhang, T.; Xu, W.; Zeng, X.; Xie, F.; Li, Q.; Chen, Z.; Zhou, F.; Wong, K. S.; Yan, K. Y.*; Xu, J.*: Large-Grain Formamidinium PbI3–xBrx for High-Performance Perovskite Solar Cells via Intermediate Halide Exchange. Adv. Energy Mater. 2017, 1601882.
- Yan, K. Y.*; Wei, Z. H.; Zhang, T. K.; Zheng, X. L.; Long, M. Z.; Chen, Z. F.; Xie, W. G.; Zhang, T.; Zhao, Y. D.; Xu, J. B.; Chai, Y.*; Yang, S. H.*: Near-Infrared Photoresponse of One-Sided Abrupt MAPbI3/TiO2 Heterojunction through a Tunneling Process. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 8545-8554.
- Long, M.; Zhang, T.; Chai, Y.; Ng, C.-F.; Mak, T. C. W.; Xu, J.*; Yan, K. Y.*: Nonstoichiometric acid–base reaction as reliable synthetic route to highly stable CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite film. Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 13503.
- Long, M.; Chen, Z.; Zhang, T.; Xiao, Y.; Zeng, X.; Chen, J.; Yan, K. Y.*; Xu, J. *, Ultrathin efficient perovskite solar cells employing a periodic structure of a composite hole conductor for elevated plasmonic light harvesting and hole collection. Nanoscale 2015. (IF: 7.4)
- Yan, K. Y., * Long, M. Z., Zhang, T. K., Wei, Z. H. Chen, H. N. Yang, S. H. *, Xu, J. B. *, Hybrid Halide Perovskite Solar Cell Precursors: Colloidal Chemistry and its Coordination Engineering behind Device Processing with High Efficiency. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 4460–4468 (Highly cited papers)
- Yan, K. Y.; Wei, Z.; Li, J.; Chen, H.; Yi, Y.; Zheng, X.; Long, X.; Wang, Z.; Wang, J.; Xu, J.; Yang, S., High-Performance Graphene-Based Hole Conductor-Free Perovskite Solar Cells: Schottky Junction Enhanced Hole Extraction and Electron Blocking. Small 2015, 2269–2274. (Highly cited papers)
- Yan, K. Y.; Zhang, L. X.; Kuang, Q.; Wei, Z. H.; Yi, Y.; Wang, J. N.; Yang, S. H., Solution-Processed, Barrier-Confined, and 1D Nanostructure Supported Quasi-quantum Well with Large Photoluminescence Enhancement. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 3771-3780. (IF: 12.8; citations:3)
- Wei, Z. H.; Yan, K. Y.; Chen, H. N.; Yi, Y.; Zhang, T.; Long, X.; Li, J. K.; Zhang, L. X.; Wang, J. N.; Yang, S. H., Cost-efficient clamping solar cells using candle soot for hole extraction from ambipolar perovskites. Energy Environ. Sci. 2014, 7, 3326-3333.(equal contribution)
- Yan, K. Y.; Zhang, L. X.; Qiu, J. H.; Qiu, Y. C.; Zhu, Z. L.; Wang, J. N.; Yang, S. H., A Quasi-Quantum Well Sensitized Solar Cell with Accelerated Charge Separation and Collection. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 9531-9539.
- Yan, K. Y.; Chen, W.; Yang, S. H., Significantly Enhanced Open Circuit Voltage and Fill Factor of Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells by Linker Seeding Chemical Bath Deposition. J. Phys. Chem. C 2013, 117, 92-99.
- Yan, K. Y.; Qiu, Y. C.; Chen, W.; Zhang, M.; Yang, S. H., A double layered photoanode made of highly crystalline TiO2 nanooctahedra and agglutinated mesoporous TiO2 microspheres for high efficiency dye sensitized solar cells. Energy Environ. Sci. 2011, 4, 2168-2176.
- Yan, K. Y.; Xue, Q. Z.; Zheng, Q. B.; Xia, D.; Chen, H. J.; Xie, J., Radial Collapse of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Induced by the Cu2O Surface. J. Phys. Chem. C 2009, 113, 3120-3126.
- Yan, K. Y.; Xue, Q. Z.; Xia, D.; Chen, H. J.; Xie, J.; Dong, M. D., The Core/Shell Composite Nanowires Produced by Self-Scrolling Carbon Nanotubes onto Copper Nanowires. ACS Nano 2009, 3, 2235-2240.
- Yan, K. Y.; Xue, Q. Z.; Zheng, Q. B.; Hao, L. Z., The interface effect of the effective electrical conductivity of carbon nanotube composites. Nanotechnology 2007, 18, 255705.