The course is about the design of analog-digital mixed-signal integrated ICs. Technology consideration is first discussed. Emphasis of this course is on the design of continuous-time filter, switched-capacitor filter, digital/analog and analog/digital converters. A hands-on design project is required in the course.
Students are advised to have taken ERG2030, ELE2510 and ELE3210 before taking this course.
- Continuous-time filters
- Switched-capacitor filters
- Nyquist-rate D/A converters
- Nyquist-rate A/D converters
- Over-sampled A/D converters
After the completion of this course, students are expected to be able to
- Design an integrated filter for various applications
- Design an integrated data converter for various applications